Webinar: Woodford – What Happens Next?
Date: 30 September 2021
Time: 5:00pm - 6:30pm
Watch the recording of the webinar
£1bn has been lost by investors in the Woodford Equity Income Fund (WEIF). The FCA has spent more than two years investigating what went wrong and has still not published any findings. It has, however, produced new guidance for Authorised Fund Managers, the role that Link was supposed to do and allegedly failed to do.
- What happens next?
- Can I reclaim my losses?
- Which claim should I join?
- Will Woodford be sued/prosecuted/fined/held to account?
- Can this happen again?
- What really went wrong?
- What is changing/has changed to stop it happening again?
There will also be a Q&A session with the speakers, chaired by ShareSoc Chair, Mark Northway.
Who should watch?
- Investors in the Woodford Equity Income Fund (WEIF)
- Investors in other Woodford funds and Hargreaves Multi-Manager Funds (as these invested in WEIF)
- Investors in funds wanting to understand more about how funds work and how they can go wrong
- Financial advisers
- Keynote Speaker: Jeff Prestridge, Personal Finance Editor, The Mail on Sunday
- Alan Miller, Co-Founder with Gina Miller, True and Fair Campaign
- Cliff Weight, ShareSoc Woodford Campaign Director
- Boz Michalowska, Partner, Head of Product Safety & Consumer Law, Leigh Day
21 September 2021